Sunday, September 26, 2010

I should come with a warning label.

"Forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded sidewalk. It's your move."

  
Saying that I don’t care about you would be like saying I can survive without air. Hiding my mistakes from you; biting my tongue at the shame I could not bear to tell you. Lying to you was the last thing on my mind- protecting you from the truth was my intention. I looked into your face- usually fighting back a smile- but now seeing an expression filled with sadness; sadness that I had poured into your heart, and filled to the very top. If I had a penny for every time you shed a tear over my mistakes, one piggy bank would be too small. Wishing I could take my choices back would be pointless- but I do. Doing them in the first place was pointless- but I did them. My life is filled with pointlessness. You are not, however- that’s why I see you fading into the distance. It feels as though I’m fighting for nothing; fighting to prove that you are better off without me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment